Security & Privacy
- Do my family members know when I locate them?
- Are tools available to help manage privacy preferences of phones on my family's account?
- Log into myAT&T. If you haven't already set up an account, you can do so at this time.
- From the myAT&T tab at the top of the page, hover over the Wireless link and select Location Based Services under the Enhanced Services heading.
- Select the link Manage Your FamilyMap Settings.
- Is my family's location information protected?
For security reasons, phones receive a text message from AT&T FamilyMap when they become locatable. Additionally, locatable phones receive a periodic notification via text message that they can be located. These messages are received about once every two months.
Subscribers have the option of notifying a phone every time it is located in lieu of periodic notifications. To manage your preferences, click Family Notifications from the Manage Account screen.
Because AT&T values your privacy and knows that the visibility of your mobile phone's location is information you should control, we created tools that give the Account Holder of your AT&T wireless account the ability to manage the privacy preferences of phones on your account. These tools let the Account Holder choose whether your phones are allowed to be tracked by others.
To access these tools:
Furthermore, when someone on your account has signed up for AT&T FamilyMap and identified one or more phones on the same account to be located, the Account Holder will receive notification communicating that this has occurred and will be provided information about these tools.
AT&T knows that your location information is sensitive and has taken steps to ensure that information is secure. We maintain a variety of physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to protect your location information. For example, all of your location information is securely stored and is deleted in seven-day intervals.