How It Works
- How accurate is AT&T FamilyMap?
- The phone that you are trying to locate is deep inside a building or car.
- The phone is surrounded by tall buildings, hills, or trees.
- The phone is powered off.
- The phone's battery has run out.
- The phone is not in AT&T network coverage.
- Service on the particular line/number has been terminated or suspended.
- What are Schedule Checks?
- From the home screen, click the Schedules tab.
- Click the Schedule link for the family member you want to make a Schedule Check for.
- Choose the Place where you expect your family member to be at the time you will set in the Schedule Check. If you haven't created any places yet, select New Place and you will be able to make one.
- Select the time and day of the week when you want to locate your family member and click Continue. You can select multiple days for a Schedule Check.
- Select to receive a text message or email with your family member's location information. You may also choose to enter an alternate/additional email address to send a notification to, allowing both parents to be informed.
- Click Save.
- Can AT&T FamilyMap locate all AT&T phones?
- What browsers support AT&T FamilyMap?
- What do I do if I forget my password?
AT&T FamilyMap uses a number of techniques to determine a phone's location. AT&T phones that have A-GPS (Assisted GPS) return the most accurate locations when they have a clear line of sight to GPS satellites. For example, the phone is outside or is in a car near a window. For phones where A-GPS is not available, FamilyMap uses cell tower information to provide the most accurate location possible, which is usually within a few hundred yards to a few miles of the phone's actual location. This includes iPhones, non A-GPS phones, as well as A-GPS phones that are not in a clear line of sight to GPS satellites.
In some situations, AT&T FamilyMap will not be able to locate a phone. The most common reasons are:
In these cases, AT&T FamilyMap will tell you that the phone was not able to be located.
Schedule Checks allow you to set a day and time to automatically locate a family member's phone. For example, you can set a Schedule Check for 4:00PM every weekday to make sure your child gets home from school when you expect them. Once you create a Schedule Check, AT&T FamilyMap will locate your family member's phone and send you the location via email or text message.
To create a Schedule Check:
Note: Standard messaging rates apply.
Most post-paid phones can be located with AT&T FamilyMap.* However, prepaid and Go phone services are not supported.
Locating an iPhone? Every family member that uses an iPhone (iOS 7.1+) must download the AT&T FamilyMap App from the App Store and keep it installed on their iPhone.
Note: If the family member you are locating has an AGPS device and is also subscribed to AT&T Smart Limits for Wireless(TM), there are times that the system will need to use the alternative location technology to locate the device and will return a location with an accuracy of a few hundred yards or more. This will occur if the family member has reached their Browsing Limit or is in a Time of Day Restriction at the same time of day you are locating them.
AT&T FamilyMap is compatible with most major PC and Mac browsers including Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Opera.
Go to http://familymap.att.com and click on the forgot your password link. An email containing a link to reset your password will be sent to your email address on file.